1. Even if your place is smaller than a majority of walk-in closets in other places (say, the suburbs of San Antonio), don’t be ashamed. It’s New York City! At least your closet has DirecTV (with HBO! Girls watching party, y’all!) included in the rent.
2. You can see the darkness of man in two places: working a customer service job and on Twitter when you search #tcot.
3. Don’t Trust The B**** in Apartment 23 has the most accurate portrayal of New York City on television right now. Of course, it’s a C+ in a sea of D’s and F’s as far as New York City accuracy on TV, but damnit, it’s getting a smiley face on it’s paper! Good job!
4. It’s no use being coy about being on an online dating site here. Especially since pretty much every single person here is either on one, on two, or tried it and left due to getting either too many messages/too little messages.
5. I really should’ve just left her at the restaurant after she calmly responded to me going to UT-Austin with “Oh, a state school?”
6. There is such a thing as an “illegal internship“.
7. “Illegal Internship” would make a killer band name. Possibly for an electronic duo.
8. I owe all my successes* to getting a quality college education and Craigslist. You’d think I’m kidding, but I’m really not.
Every NYU film student Pretty much any person between the ages of 21-30 has an opinion about HBO’s Girls. Sorry for the obsession over Girls in this blog, I’m excited for season 2 because it’s just going to hold me over for GAME OF THRONES!!!
10. Apparently, lightly touching my left wrist makes my right foot go crazy.
11. I can always go home. But I don’t really want to right now.
12. Electric Light Orchestra is the biggest earworm band I’ve ever experienced. While my “song stuck in my head” moments last usually four hours, I’ve had a combination of “Mr. Blue Sky” and “Evil Woman” stuck in there for about 30 hours now. Should I see a doctor?
*”All my successes” = successfully avoiding living on the subways and being able to sleep in a place with a bed and DirecTV. Because having cable/DirecTV makes me a millionaire in the 18-26 demographic.